Wednesday nights - Rav Benzion's Tanya shiur..........Please continue to daven for the good health of the Rebbe (Yechiel Michel ben Devorah Leah) and Rebbetzin (Feiga bas Sarah).

Friday, February 18, 2011

Ki Sisa: Trust in Hashem's Cheshbon

The Gemara (Brachos 7a) and Medrashim on the verses הודעני נא את דרכך and הראני נא את כבודך say that Moshe was asking to know why “good things happen to bad people”. The Chasam Sofer says that Hashem answered: ופני לא יראו, you can’t see beforehand, but וראית את אחורי, you will know what the cheshbon was at some point after the fact.

The Rebbe, shlit”a, added the following: הנה מקום אתי, if you have faith that there is place here with Hashem, meaning that there is a cheshbon and loving hashgacha pratis on every single thing that happens - that Hashem is here as well, and ונצבת על הצור - if you stand committed in that faith and reliant on the Rock of Israel, צור ישראל וגואלו, and you remember that everything is “oisg’cheshboned”, then I will take you into Me and into that cheshbon, I will bring you inside ושמתיך בנקרת הצור, I will put you into the cleft of the “Rock” and until such time I will cover you with My palm, I will protect you, until I have passed. And then I will take off the mask and you will see the why, for the complete good, did it have to be this way. 

(Heard from the Rebbe on Shabbos Chol Hamoed 5767)

No comments: