Wednesday nights - Rav Benzion's Tanya shiur..........Please continue to daven for the good health of the Rebbe (Yechiel Michel ben Devorah Leah) and Rebbetzin (Feiga bas Sarah).

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reb Leibele's Shulchan Aruch HaRav


Since this is "Reb Leibele Week", I thought I'd post what I thought to be a very interesting thing. Reb Leibele's personal copy of the second chelek of the Baal Hatanya's Shulchan Aruch (known simply as Shulchan Aruch Harav), sold at auction recently for 400.00 USD. See here for details of the sefer and the auction. Above is the title page where you can see the name-stamp of Reb Leibele. It reads (translated): "Yehudah Leib Twerski, the son of my father, my master, my teacher and my rebbe, Harav Hatzadik, our teacher Reb Mordechai Dov, shlit"a, of Hornasteipalya." It is the same stamp used in his Sefer Chassidim.


It may be of no significance whatsoever, but note that Reb Motele was alive when Reb Leibele acquired this Shulchan Aruch Harav. Also, on the following few pages, which I do not have pictures of, Reb Leibele stamped a different stamp a few times with "ztz"l" by his father's name. Below is from a different sefer (I think from a Baalei HaTosfos al HaTorah,) but we can assume that it is the same stamp used in the Shulchan Aruch Harav.

 
 And one more:


The above is from the inside cover of a sefer called Hamidrash V'hamaaseh. The inscription reads: "This sefer belongs to Reb Y"L Twerski". Apparently written by a gabbai or shamash when Reb Leibele was in Eretz Yisroel.

No comments: